Friday, November 15, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal

So, I've been on a little pumpkin kick lately. I don't know why, but I've just wanted to find some dishes that incorporate the delicious, naturally low fat, nutrient-packed food. And it's so readily available right now!

When I woke up this morning, I immediately wanted to make pumpkin oatmeal. I began searching on Pinterest, but didn't really find MY perfect recipe. With you all in mind, I made my own! And guess what?! It's Deeeee-lish! I hope you all enjoy :)



PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL
Makes 2-3 servings

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup water
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 Tbl. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
pinch cloves

Toppings:
1/2 banana, sliced
chopped walnuts

In saucepan, bring water to boil. Add oats and bring back to boil and then reduce heat to simmer until cooked and water is mostly gone. Add pumpkin and maple syrup and stir. Stir in spices. Take off heat and transfer to serving bowls. Top with banana and walnuts. Devour.

This was so good, nutritious and filling. I'm sitting here waiting for my husband to wake up just so I can feed it to him (He is the one who turned me on to pumpkin in the first place). Some of you might find you need a little more maple syrup for sweetness, but I find by having the fresh banana I don't need to add it. Also, those who like their oatmeal creamy, may want to add a little milk of your choosing.

Bon appétit!!


No comments:

Post a Comment