Monday, November 11, 2013

NRM: Banana Muffin Larabar Bites!

What the heck is NRM, you say? New Recipe Monday! You should all know by now that I love to cook, and I've found one of my newest hobbies is searching Pinterest and other sites for healthy recipes to try out. So, I thought, why not include you all in my trials?

This first installment was brought about by a single, delicious-looking picture posted on Facebook. A fellow Strides instructor posted the link and I was sold. I LOVE Larabars and I happened to have had a couple of very ripe bananas sitting around that I feared would go wasted. They definitely did not get wasted. I give this recipe two thumbs up!

***NOTE: This is not my own recipe. It was taken from HERE. Please click link for full recipe.

All it took was 2 cups of raw almonds, 11 seeded medjool dates, and 2 small ripe bananas (recipe called for one, but mine were small).

And what's a recipe without pics :)

Simple, whole foods - I love it!

Makes such a pretty "dough":

Rolled in balls and ready to set in the fridge:

Okay, maybe I didn't wait the appropriate time to let it set, but I still think it looks as delicious as it tastes:


Bon Appétit!

UPDATE - This recipe is kid-tested, kid-approved. Lando says, "Yummy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment