Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Body Back Certified!

Last Saturday I accomplished something I've wanted to do for long time - I became a Body Back Professional. The training was head by Fit4Mom's National Fitness Expert, in-house motivator, and all around awesome, Farel Hruska.  With tons of information, 3 tough workouts, I left sore, exhausted... and completely empowered.

Farel's approach to the training was to not only inform on the "how" and "why," but to let the trainees experience the power of Body Back by doing a little mini-session through the day. After intros and first part of lecture, we headed to our "assessments." The Body Back program starts and finishes with these assessments, and although Farel didn't consider it one of our workouts, I definitely did! WooWee! 

Here is a little peek into our assessment. I'm the one in pink.... j/k. You'll find me doing sit-ups to the left.


Part of the assessment is to hold a plank for as long as you can. One of the mamas (because, yes, we are all mamas) held a plank for about 8 minutes. 8 minutes!! Talk about being surrounded by a group of inspiring women! Later, Bre "the plank master" told me, "Yeah, I do a 5 minute plank everyday before I go to bed." See, inspiring.


After a little more lecturing and a little break, we went out to our GRUELING traveling workout. In short, ouch. This workout was so physically demanding it was mentally exhausting. But when those negative, good-for-nothing thoughts arrived, Farel was there to ask, "Who is talking to you: your gremlin or your goddess?" We pushed on.

One point of this workout was a sprint up "Pride Hill." I happen to love the picture below. I will hold it dear for motivation in the future. Me and the other trainees on "Pride Hill":



The day continued with more information, more workouts, and, inevitably more motivation. I don't know if it's the Fit4Mom corporate office, the one and only Farel Hruska, or being surrounded by like-minded, amazing, and inspiring moms, but every time I leave a training I feel so empowered that I truly believe I can conquer anything. Body Back training was no different.

And now it's my turn. I can't wait to begin a new journey as a Body Back Professional. I hope to inspire and be inspired on this new path. Body Back truly has that effect. Motivation is contagious!

Our group of amazing trainees, to which I say, "WE DID IT!"



No comments:

Post a Comment