Monday, September 14, 2009

I've Been Bad

So, the last time I posted was the last time I ran. Yikes. During the run, I felt pretty good and was happy I did it, BUT my coughing got worse again and my doctor recommended no running until I was REALLY over my sickness. Bummer.

Here I am, 11 days later, feeling like a cow, with only 1 workout under my belt (yesterday, I played soccer- cough seemed fine). This isn't the first time I've had a setback in my working out. This time it was because I was sick, but come on, we all go on vacations, or have lapses of no motivation where the last thing we want to be do is work out.

Here's what I'm going to do..
  • I am not going to fret. Setbacks happen. Sitting around pouting is not going to work off the possible extra lbs. I packed on in the last week and a half.
  • I am not going to weigh myself. Everyone is different with scales. Personally, if I actually see that I have gained weight, I can get really down on myself. After a solid week or so of working out, I will hop on the scale. This usually helps because maybe you've already cut a couple pounds off and then will feel less depressed about what you have to accomplish.
  • I am going to get moving. I plan on running a few times this week and also will plan ahead at least one work out class at the gym (love, love, love kickboxing).
That's my plan. To be honest, I was a little embarrassed to talk about my weight gain on the blog, but I'm over it. That's not the point of this blog. Bottom line is, what I've done, needs to be undone. So here goes nothin'.

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of not checking in with the scales for a little while. I have a love/hate relationship with the reality check of a daily weigh in. Emily has taken me on some serious walking workouts a couple of times since I've been here in SG, so I'm hoping I won't be too far off the track when I get back on the scales at home! Fortunately, we've had no Special K treats this trip!

    ReplyDelete