Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Healthy Speed Bump

In a perfect world, we would be able to follow our work out plans and training regimens to a "t", without interruptions. BUT, come on, that's just not likely. Life seems to throw speed bumps at us sometimes, and to that I say, "Relax, it's no big deal."

My speed bump this week came in the form of a killer cough and cold. I've been laid out for the past few days, unable to run, work out, or even get out of the house (except a quick stop by CVS for some meds). It can be frustrating to be stuck at home and feeling like I am falling off the work out wagon. Thinking things like, I have a half marathon in a month and a half and haven't worked out since last Thursday!! This is the truth, but I really believe that worry and stress aren't going to help anything. Obstacles can come out of nowhere sometimes, in all different forms. Just remember to calm down. When you can get back to working out, you will- maybe even with a little more motivation than when you left.

When life throws you a speed bump, just remember that it will only slow you down for a little bit. You can still make it to your destination in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment