Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meal in a Muffin

This recipe is easy, healthy, and delicious. After I got an email from Nate at work saying, "mmmmm... Meal in a Muffin," I thought I should share.

I am yet to try substituting Splenda for the sugar, but I'm sure it will work just fine. Personally, I don't think there is enough sugar to worry about.

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium carrot, grated
  • 1 lg apple, grated
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c olive oil
  • 1/3 c sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 c coconut (I bought flaked coconut)
  • 1/3 c craisins (or raisins if you prefer)
  • 1/3 c chopped nuts
  • 3/4 c whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 c oats
  • 3 Tbl wheat germ
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ginger
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
Mix all ingredients. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full (batter made 12 muffins for me). Bake at 375 for 20 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment