Tuesday, December 3, 2013

NRM: Protein Pancakes!

**Err... New Recipe Tuesday? Sorry for the delay, but these are worth it!

After seeing these "pancakes" in a Huffington Post article titled, "Healthy Breakfast Ideas: What Nutrition Experts Eat in the Morning," I had to give them a try. The recipe is given as if it serves one, but personally, I think it's perfect for two (or one mama, and two babes). And, guys- IT'S DELICIOUS!! I give it a 10!

PROTEIN PANCAKES
Serves 1-2 people

Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
2 eggs
1 Tbl. natural peanut butter (I'm sure any nut butter would work)
sprinkle of cinnamon
drop of vanilla

Optional toppings:
peanut butter
blueberries (I wish I had some!!)
Pure maple syrup (for the kiddos)


1) Mash banana in bowl.

2) Add eggs and mix.

3) Add peanut butter, cinnamon, and vanilla and mix.

Looks a little like this:

4) Spray a pan with cooking spray and turn heat onto Med. Low.  Add about half of the "batter" (about a 1/3 cup) and cook just under 3 mins a side. Do the same for remaining batter.

5) Bam!!!

All three of us gobbled these down. They were so good. I topped mine with a little more peanut butter, but next time, I hope to only top with a small handful of blueberries :)


Bon appétit!

1 comment:

  1. we made these this morning and they're delicious! three big thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete