Thursday, December 20, 2012

Moving and Grooving

Five months after Parker I can say I'm feeling like myself again. I don't really feel postpartum anymore and I'm riding the awesome motivation train that comes from 46 weeks of restricted activity. As I've noticed in the past, the more I work out the more I want to workout more. It's been great getting out to Stroller Strides with the boys or giving myself a mommy break by going on a run or going to yoga.

As technologically savvy as I am (or think I am, anyways), there is still something about writing down my workouts by hand on my workout log. It's like giving myself a little pat on the back. As you can see below, I don't go into depth. But by writing my general workout it's like I'm checking off that day - done and done. Here is how December is shaping up so far (coloring done by the striving, young artist, Landon):

One thing that I've noticed is that I am working out more days a week than I ever have. Before I was content with working out MOST days of the week... And I do still follow that theory. But now it seems that I get antsy when a day has passed without a workout. One day of rest seems to be working for this girl. But believe me, if I need more, I'll take it.

One way that I think I'm having such success with getting in my workouts (I am a mother of two) is scheduling. I can tell you right now that Thursdays I have indoor soccer, Saturday I do a Yoga 2 class, and Sunday I get my long run in for my half marathon training (other parts of the year, I have outdoor soccer on Sundays). By having these things "scheduled" my husband knows he has the kids for an hour or so and I already have three workout days checked off my week. My other days are a little less scheduled but generally Mondays and Wednesdays are allotted for Stroller Strides and Tuesdays I get another day of running in.

As I said, I'm feeling good. Running and yoga have been a great "mental break" from the demands of being home with the kids all day and I really could never give up my love of soccer.

I hope everyone has a great, safe and healthy holiday. We all know it's hard to not partake in the many treats.. so try and focus on getting moving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment