Saturday, January 15, 2011

More "Doing" in 2011

When I asked my husband what he wanted for Christmas, he surprised me by saying he wanted a book of hiking trails in San Diego and some hiking gear. I have to admit, I was slightly surprised. Not because it was out of his character, he's very fit and active, I just wasn't expecting it. But he explained that too often, we would talk about wanting to go hiking, surfing, running, walking, etc., but then we would let the day pass without actually going out and doing it. So, this is one of the presents Nate got for Christmas (highly recommended at REI):

Our goal is for there to be more "doing" in 2011. The hardest thing about being active is the getting out and doing it, and we are vowing that we are going to make ourselves move. I can easily hit the gym, but my husband is more of an outdoorsy type. And to be honest, I prefer it, too. We do live in the best state in the USA ;)

Last weekend we ran at the beach and hiked a new trail in San Diego. It's amazing how great we felt after. We kept saying that there is no reason why shouldn't be doing this sort of thing every weekend. I'm looking forward to this get-up-and-go attitude we have. Speaking of, we are off to run the boardwalk at the beach. Woohoo to more "doing" in 2011!

1 comment:

  1. you have to get a hiking backpack for the little guy. Sam loves his.

    ReplyDelete