Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Clean Popcorn!


You know when you have those days where you're feeling extra "snackie"? The kind of day where you just feel like popping something into your mouth with a little crunch. Well, I have days like this and when I do, I turn to this clean popcorn recipe. What can I say other than it's a whole lot healthier than sitting on the couch with a big ol' bag of greasy chips. My recipe was originally taken from the blog "Rabbit Food for my Bunny Teeth" (click HERE to see her post). My only issue with her recipe was there was no flavor! So here is the how to with a couple of my topping suggestions.

CLEAN POPCORN
Serves 2 - but lets be honest, I've eaten the whole thing once or twice ;)

All you need!


1. Put 1/4 cup organic popping corn into a brown bag.


2. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes (some microwaves may vary, but start here)

3. Pour in a bowl and eat as is, top with a little hot sauce (my fav), or you can spray with a couple sprays of olive oil cooking spray (or any of your favorite healthy cooking spray) and sprinkle with a 2-3 T of your favorite cheese (parmesan, gruyere, etc) for a healthier cheesy treat!


4. Share with the fam (or don't ;) ) and enjoy!

Happy Snacking!!

1 comment:

  1. Going to try this on my next movie night! Thanks!

    Alice
    www.alices-wonderfulland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete