Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Awesome 80's 5k

Last Saturday I ran the Awesome 80's 5k in San Diego. This was something that mamas from Stroller Strides got together and ran. Technically, this was my first "race" since having Parker, but I didn't run it like a race... which I'm happy about. I really had fun with it and used some of my extra energy to help motivate mamas to run their first/best 5k.

I usually am always going for a PR, but this time it was great to sit back and enjoy (as you can imagine, there was amazing people-watching). The race did do what I had hoped, though. It gave me a reminder of how much I love to run and gets me in the right frame of mind for the half marathon I'm about to start training for. Half marathon, you ask? Yes, I signed up for the Surf City Half on my 30th birthday, February 3rd. I'm nervous coming off of pregnancy and completely excited for the challenge. A bag of mixed emotions that I have to use to catapult me into training which officially starts next week.  I'll keep you updated on how it's going.

Now for your viewing pleasure, a few pics from my Awesome 80's run:



Sometimes it's fun to be a goofball and not take life (or 5k's) too seriously :)

1 comment:

  1. I am really impressed that you own those glasses and earrings. You are a fashion diva!

    Also keep up the blog post very motivational.

    ReplyDelete