Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's Go Time

Six weeks have passed. I got the OK from the doc so now all there is to do is to lose this lovely baby weight. Okay, so it's not lovely at all. I feel like it's this flab that isn't even mine, but has come from some foreign place or something. I can't be too mad about it though, it did help keep the little guy healthy, safe and happy :)

But now that I have the green light, I can't wait to get started losing said flab. As of yesterday (the last time I weighed myself), I have 12 pounds to lose to be back to where I was when I got pregnant. I could stand to lose a little more than that, but for now, I'll just focus on getting back into pre-Landon shape. One goal at a time, right?

Here's the reality check.. I need to lose weight and get back into shape, and I need to do it all with a newborn to take care of. There is always something in life that makes working out seem impossible whether it be a job, kids, etc. etc. But I'm not going to use Landon as an excuse. I can be a good mother and still fit in working out. To be honest, I'll probably be a better mother because nothing keeps me more positive mentally than working out. I'll try and do whatever work-outs I can with Landon, and when I can slip away and go to the gym or go for a run, I will (Fortunately, I have an awesome husband who is all for taking over baby duties when he is able). Today, Nate's gone all day for work and it's raining outside so I did a yoga video. I just have to do what I can, when I can :)

I'm hoping to be better at updating this blog now that I am back. I'll probably use this to update my progress, express frustrations, and, as always, share any tips I pick up along the way. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment